These Air Fryer Breakfast Pockets are light and flaky
and filled with sausage, egg and Velveeta cheese.
Although these pockets were made in the Air Fryer,
they can also be fried in cooking oil!
Watch us make this recipe!
Air Fryer Breakfast Pockets
Thanks for joining me again! Today we are bringing you another Air Fryer recipe. These Air Fryer Breakfast Pockets are the best!
They are light, flaky and an all in one breakfast option. They were made with a Pillsbury Crust and are best cooked frozen.
Here’s my method…
Roll out the crust and cut the crust into two medium-size circles. If you don’t have a medium-size cookie cutter, that’s okay. I usually use my favorite cereal bowl to form the circles.
You should be able to make about two circles with each pie crust. Then I form the remaining dough in a ball, roll it out and make it into another circle.
Place about two spoonfuls of the filling into each pocket. Then, spread egg wash on the inside edges of the pocket. Fold the pocket-forming a moon shape (as pictured above) and crimp the folded edges of the pocket with a fork.
I always massage a little more egg wash along the crimps and seams of the pocket just to make sure they are sealed properly.
Place the pockets on parchment paper and freeze. I prefer to place my pockets in a ziplock bag to freeze since I don’t always cook the pockets the same day or even the next day.
Once you’re ready to eat them, place the pockets into your pre-heated Air Fryer for about 15 minutes.
I can cook two pockets at a time in my Air Fryer. Be sure not to overcrowd them. This will cause them to stick to each other.
If you don’t have an Air Fryer, simply fry the pockets in vegetable oil until brown. Then serve them with your favorite jelly or syrup. This is a perfect breakfast for when you’re on the go!
You may also like:
- 1 lb of ground pork
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 whole egg for egg wash
- 1/3 + 1/4 c of whole milk
- 1-2 ounces of Velveeta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 packages of Pillsbury pie crust 2 crusts to a package
- 2 gallon ziplock bags
- parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- Remove pie crusts from the refrigerator.
- Brown and drain pork.
- Heat 1/4 c milk and cheese in a small pot until melted.
- Whisk 4 eggs, season with salt and pepper and add remaining milk.
- Scramble eggs in a skillet until almost fully cooked.
- Mix meat, cheese and eggs together.
- Roll out your pie crust and cut into a 3-4 inch circle (about the size of a cereal bowl).
- Whisk one egg to make an egg wash.
- Place 2 tbsps of mix into the middle of each circle.
- Egg wash all edges of the circle.
- Fold the circle creating a moon shape.
- Crimp the folded edges with a fork.
- Layer the pockets in parchment paper and place them in a plastic zip lock bag overnight.
- Once ready to cook, pre-heat your Air Fryer to 360 degrees.
- Spray each side of the pocket with cooking spray.
- Place pockets in pre-heated Air Fryer for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from Air Fryer and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!