Chicken Tetrazzini also known as Chicken Spaghetti!
This dish is creamy and cheesy, the perfect comfort food and a quick dinner meal!
Watch us make this recipe!
So ya’ll know by now that I like to keep it super simple right? That is exactly why we are using store-bought rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
My favorite store bought chicken is from Walmart.
I love, love, love, their traditional style rotisserie chicken. The flavor of this chicken is absolutely amazing.
Don’t have a Walmart in your area, use your favorite store-bought chicken. This recipe is meant to be simple and quick!
You know because we want great food, but don’t always want to spend hours in the kitchen right?
All you have to do with the chicken is shred a combination of white and dark meat. The chicken I use is so tender that I can easily shred it with my hands. I did not use a knife to cut the meat. For one, I don’t like the meat to be too fine.
Also, cutting the meat into small pieces can cause it to become mushy like, and in my experience, makes it hard to taste the chicken once it’s mixed tougher with the cheese, cream of mushroom and cream of chicken. You want the dish to have some texture besides from just the noodles.
I think the first time I had this recipe was at a potluck at work. I was like Chicken tetrazzini? What’s that? I mean my mom made home-cooked meals every week, but it was nothing like this. I’m a big cheese lover so this dish as a hit for me.
But you know what, I really didn’t go heavy on the cheese with the recipe. It may seem like it from the photo, but I added just enough.
I don’t really think you need that much cheese. The cream of chicken and cream of mushroom really make the dish so creamy that you don’t need a ton of cheese.I hope you all enjoy this recipe!
You may also like:
- 3 c of shredded chicken
- 3 c of cooked spaghetti pasta
- 1 10 1/2 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
- 5 oz of cream of chicken soup (about half a can)
- 3 c of shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1/3 c of yellow onion
- 1/3 c of green bell pepper
- 2 tsps of diced pimentos
- 1 3/4 c of chicken broth
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Cook spaghetti noodles al dente according to package instructions.
- Shred chicken (white and dark meat) and sit to the side. (Chicken best shredded with your hands to ensure meat is not too fine.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet add olive oil and heat for about two minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add chicken and cream of mushroom soup to the skillet. Stir frequently until mixed well.
- Add chicken broth and mix well.
- Add spaghetti, chicken, pimentos and salt to the skillet.
- Mix together and pour into a large pyrex dish (about 3 quart).
- Spread cheese evenly over casserole.
- Bake covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!