Creamy Mac N Cheese is a simple macaroni and cheese made with large macaroni noodles,
whole milk, butter, Velveeta and sharp cheddar cheeses.
Watch the video for this recipe!
Anything with cheese on it is awesome right? I have been working on perfecting my macaroni and cheese for some time now. I’ve always made my Mac N Cheese with Velveeta cheese and played around with using other shredded cheeses.
To make a good macaroni, you need to use a mild creamy cheese, like Velveeta and shredded cheese. It is also important to use whole milk.
So this past Thanksgiving I was at my grandmother’s house. As we all know, grandmothers have that magic touch.
My mother, grandmother and I were all cooking dinner together. I was helping my grandmother make the macaroni and we were all talking about the different ways that each of us make it.
So here’s the run down…
My mom said she used Velveeta and shredded cheese, but she mixes all of her ingredients together and bakes her macaroni in the oven.
She also said that she adds one whole egg. I learned from my mom so I used to follow the same process except for adding the egg.
My grandmother, on the other hand, said she melts the Velveeta and milk in a pot on the stove and then puts everything together.
She doesn’t use any other cheese. So the method I used that Thanksgiving was a combination of all of our methods.
I melted the Velveeta cheese and milk together on the stove, then poured the sauce over the noodles and then added some butter. Ya’ll that was the best macaroni and cheese!
I played around with the recipe some more when I came back home and ended up adding sharp cheddar cheese.
Ya’ll (true Texas lol).. using sharp cheddar cheese changed my life lol. I was using mild shredded cheddar cheese and even tried Colby, but that just wasn’t the taste I was looking for.
The macaroni was good using those cheeses, but adding the sharp cheddar cheese made it great!
And if you want that nice brown crust, simply turn on the broiler about a minute before taking the macaroni out of the oven. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
You may also enjoy:
Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 1 12 oz bag of large macaroni shells
- 10 oz of Velveeta cheese- diced
- 1 1/2 c of whole milk
- 2 1/2 c of sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp of butter- diced
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of oil
- Cook macaroni noodles al dente according to package instructions (5-6 minutes.) Add a 1/2 tsp of oil to prevent the noodles from sticking and a dash of salt.
- While the macaroni is cooking, in a medium sized pot, add Velveeta and milk. Cook on low heat until melted. Stir occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once macaroni is done, drain immediately and add to baking dish.
- Pour cheese and milk mixture over macaroni and mix.
- Add butter and 1/2 c to 1 c of sharp cheddar cheese and mix.
- Spread remaining cheddar cheese over the top of the macaroni.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until the macaroni begins to brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow the macaroni to rest for 10-15 minutes uncovered before serving.
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!