Sour Cream Pound Cake is a traditional pound cake made with sour cream.
The addition of the sour cream makes the cake extra moist and flavorful.
Watch us make this recipe!
Sour Cream Pound Cake
Regular pound cakes are great, but make sure you have a beverage nearby because they are much more dense. This pound cake holds its texture, but is light and just melts in your mouth.
Cakes hold a special place in my heart because my grandmother has always baked them. Every time I visit, she bakes either a sour cream cake, a 7 up cake or her famous coconut cake.
I have to get around to making those for you all as well. My grandmother (my dad’s mom) always sends me home with a few slices of the cake and a few extra treats.
Even when I was growing up, she made sure me and my dad had separate treats labeled with our names on them. Of course, we would share with my mom too!
I’m old school if you haven’t figured it out yet, so I had been greasing my bundt pan and then dusting it with flour. My grandmother always recommended using Bakers Joy instead.
I finally tried it out after years of resistance lol. I guess its the only child in me. Anyways, a big game changer. Using Baker’s Joy is quick, easy and you’re baked goodies will come out of the pan with ease.
Money well spent!
I hope that you will bake this cake and enjoy creating memories of your own with family/friends.
P.S.- a little ice-cream on the side never hurt right? I mean you have to get your dairy in somehow 🙂
You may also like:
- 3 c of all purpose flour sifted
- 3 c of sugar
- 6 whole eggs
- 2 sticks of butter softened
- 1 c of sour cream full fat
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsps of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add vanilla and almond extract.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture, alternating with sour cream.
- Once ingredients are well blended pour evenly into greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until cake is golden brown. (Insert a wooden toothpick into center of cake. The cake is done when toothpick comes out clean.)
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before inverting on a wire rack to complete cooling process.
Welcome to with Kultural Kreations! Our recipes are southern based; however, we create a variety of delicious recipes from Air Fryer Recipes, Casseroles, Appetizers, Dessert, Cocktails and more!